Naturally red velvet cupcakes


Mid-last week, I whipped up a batch of strawberry cupcakes an ex-colleague cum good friend had ordered for Chinese New Year. That she intentionally chose to be my first cupcake customer as moral support for my yet-to-materialise-but-work-in-progress potential cake business touched me immensely :)  Partly because of this, I was suddenly quite motivated to experiment with making other types of cupcakes that people might potentially buy - and the healthier red velvet cake came to mind. 


The red velvet cake was something I made quite a few times in December - but after a while I grew a little tired of roasting and peeling/blending beets and so the interest in making healthy red velvet cakes waned a little. But given that Chinese New Year and Valentine's were approaching, I thought it was pretty timely to try making these again. This time though in the form of cupcakes :)

My cupcakes turned out quite nicely taste-wise, but the texture still needs a bit more work. The cream cheese frosting was YUM, but probably the most sinful part of these healthier cupcakes. 


Thanks to the many gatherings during the festive season, I managed to give all 12 cupcakes away! (I made 13). They were most enthusiastically received by my aunties, who were all relatively excited to try my bakes. Having gotten used to relatively lukewarm responses from (mostly repeat) cake recipients half the time, such heartfelt appreciation for my baked goods really made my day :)

p/s: To be fair to my regular recipients - it's hard to always appear enthusiastic when someone tries to stuff you with calories every now and then...  But as I usually invest quite a bit of time and effort (and love) in most of the things I make - it's hard not to secretly wish that everyone on the receiving end will love my food, however naive/ egoistic this may sound :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...