Rosette Cake




This is the finale cake from Day 2 of my Wilton Decorating Basics course with Artistiq Sugarcraft. I fell in love with the rosette cake and wanted to come up with one myself - so I showed my instructor a photo of it and asked her to teach me how to make it! I had some mini boos boos (like poor estimates here and there in terms of spacing out the rosettes) but otherwise my cake turned out lovely and made my day. The insides of my cake is ugly though as I just got store-bought butter cake from GIANT - it's just too tiring to bake 2 different cakes for 2 days of class.

Was really lucky that there were only 2 students in class - and with the guidance of our very patient instructor, I picked up some simple but very useful cake creaming/ piping skills :) Serious cake decorating is so time-consuming though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...