Punggol Cake


I feel a little sheepish about my long absence, but my pace of life has suddenly picked up considerably and it's become tougher to bake regularly - much less blog about my bakes. I suppose things are always tougher at the beginning, and hopefully when I am more settled down in the new job, I can gradually find time to experiment in the kitchen again! So pardon me if my updates become a bit more infrequent - but do check back from time to time!

I just wanted to share a very short update on a "fun" cake I made this week - a chocolate cake in the shape of Punggol Town, covered with caramel swiss meringue buttercream; complete with a mini Punggol Waterway and Coney Island. The little white marshmallows are supposed to represent HDB blocks along the waterway. It was a very unusual order from an architect for an urban planner's birthday. Since I've never made any odd-shaped cake before, was admittedly a little doubtful how it would turn out in the end. Thankfully all turned out well and the customers were pretty happy (not to mention amused)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...