Moist chocolate beetroot cake


Am on the quest for a good chocolate cake recipe, and this was my first serious attempt at chocolate cake. Yes I know a chocolate beetroot cake sounds pretty dubious, but based on relatively trustworthy food bloggers who've baked this the beetroot is barely detectable and chocolate cake really good. And so I decided to give this a try :)

This cake is moist and slightly gooey when just baked; dense and pretty fudgy when refrigerated overnight. I would have given this cake an 8 to 8.5/10, if not for the occasional faint beetroot taste. It wasn't an unpleasant taste though and became much more subtle after the cake was baked. Honestly it also gave a nice twist to an otherwise more 'plain' chocolate cake. Also, it was somewhat comforting to know that the beetroot is a pretty nutritious vegetable so aside from the indulgence there is a dose of "healthiness".

Unfortunately, the mention of "beetroot cake" seems to raise some eyebrows, and I suspect the more purist chocolate fans out there may not fancy it very much. Would probably need to add more cocoa the next time if I want to win over some votes for this :) Will share again whether I succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...