Blackberry maple layer cake


Sorry for the long absence in between posts! Work has been quite intense for me the past couple of weeks and I just couldn't find the time to slip in a blog post in between. I've been trying to keep up the baking though, and somehow managed to bake 3 cakes yesterday - 1 experimental and 2 for sale.

The cake experiment was for a spelt flour cake sweetened with pure maple, with light cream and blackberries sandwiched in between the 2 layers. Am still hoping to bake with more wholesome and natural ingredients and this cake is part of my attempt to do so! Sadly the sides turned out a lot browner than the photo in my recipe book; and I'd probably need to try this out a couple of times to get it right. Despite its looks, the cake was delicious (thankfully) and made for a nice little breakfast treat this morning.

Have a good week ahead everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...