Chocolate Earl Grey Tartlets




These tartlets looked simple enough to make - with pie crust made from chocolate graham crackers and not from scratch :P And with the use of high quality, high cocoa dark chocolate and half the battle is won ;) They turned out relatively scrumptious, though the chocolate somewhat overpowered the faint earl grey infused cream.





You can find the original recipe here

For the crust - since I couldn't find any choc graham crackers, I used the good old digestive biscuit crackers instead. It came out fine even though I omitted all the sugar for the crust - so unless you want a sugar (and calorie) high, I think it's quite safe to drop it. Be prepared to spend some time molding the crust though - it took me a while to get the crumbly crust bits to stick to the tart cases!

For the choc ganache filling - I find that local supermarkets don't really stock 'heavy cream' - but the whipping cream available at most supermarkets is a good substitute. 

I halved the recipe but ended up abt 7 or 8 tarts (instead of 12). Didn't have gold flakes or candied pear - and used Phoon Huat-sourced sugar hearts instead. These little hearts are pretty handy and add instant cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...