Fabulous Baker Boy



Since I'm always on a lookout for good cakes in Singapore, we decided to check out Fabulous Baker Boy last Sunday after hearing quite a bit about them recently. They are located at the Foothills along River Valley Road (at the foot of Fort Canning Park and opposite Liang Court). We were pretty much their first customers at around 10.15am (they open at 10am), so I managed to snap a few uncluttered shots of the store as well :) The cake display area was very nicely done up, and it made me feel like ordering and trying every single one.  


In the end I decided on their chocolate red velvet cake (top photo); and the salted caramel chocolate torte (2nd photo) - the price was on the higher side at $8.50 per slice, but since these were pretty generous and tall slices of cake, I guess it was alright. 





The cakes did not disappoint - the red velvet cake (the chocolate frosting aside) was really fluffy and spongy - and definitely one of the best I've had in Singapore. Though having had many denser/ heavier red velvet cakes I've come to associate red velvet cakes with a denser crumb and texture. So it felt a little unfamiliar to taste a nice fluffy one!

The salted caramel chocolate cake was good too - but I was slightly disappointed that the salted caramel taste was pretty subtle; though D liked it that way. Their staff seemed to be able to read my mind and when asking us for feedback on the food he explained that this cake was meant to be more chocolatey and less heavy on the salted caramel. I accepted that; but would still have preferred it with a stronger salted caramel flavour (apparently many other ladies had similar sentiments too) ;)


We also tried their eggs benedict - not bad too but their cakes were definitely more outstanding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...