Sweet potato, Yogurt & Hazelnut cake


The recipe for this cake has a very interesting combination of wholesome ingredients - sweet potato, yogurt and hazelnut cake; and the lovely photos on Cannelle et Vanille's blog made me really tempted to make this. I tried it out last week - but ended up veering away from the recipe. I thought I had sufficient sweet potato for the cake and so helped myself to a generous portion of the roasted sweet potatoes when they came out hot and delicious from the oven. In the end I accidentally snacked too much and ended up with insufficient sweet potato (about 100g short) for the actual cake!

My cake (topped with chopped hazelnuts and almond topping) turned out fine but had this slight doughy aftertaste to it :( Aside from slight underbaking - I suspect the doughiness-issue can also be attributed to my greediness..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...