Club Street Social

I wanted to try out another new place for breakfast/ brunch; and after some research, D suggested we visit Club Street Social - located at a quiet corner of Club Street. This was after reading a rave review by Ladyironchef who claimed that this is one of the best (if not the best) brunch places in Singapore. We arrived at the cafe/restaurant slightly after 10am on a Sun morning; and since this place is supposedly quite popular I was pretty surprised we were able to have the whole place to ourselves.

But the feeling of exclusiveness lasted for a mere 10 minutes :P


The bar counter 

We ordered scrambled eggs with fontina (an Italian cheese) and chives - their signature dish. I couldn't resist ordering their strawberry nutella panini ($7), though I can probably make this on my own at home! The black stuff beside the eggs is a separate add-on item (roasted portabello mushrooms). The scrambled eggs were good, quite creamy and cheesy - but they didn't exactly blow me away. As for the coffee, I think the Chye Seng Huat one seemed better :)

 A close-up shot of my strawberry nutella panini served on a tile - strawberries actually go very well with nutella (then again, what doesn't?); and the panini was very nicely toasted. I am inspired to make this for breakfast at home now :)


A zoomed-out shot of D and a somewhat close-up shot of me and my new hairstyle for the new year :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...