Dark chocolate sunken souffle cake

Out of the three chocolate cakes I've made so far (a moist beetroot chocolate cake; the chocolate hazelnut buckwheat one; and most recently the chia seed chocolate mud cake), this probably ranks as my favourite chocolate cake recipe so far! It's extremely rich (made with a substantial portion of >70% cacao chocolate); and can be easily matched with berries/fruits of my choice. I imagined it to look lovely with a mountain of blueberries, and so this is how mine ended up :) I'm sure it will taste and look great too with a mix of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries!





The cake is not named a sunken souffle cake for no reason - when cooled the middle of the cake literally sinks to form a shallow well. This in turn creates a nice little crater for the topping - fresh blueberries with a sprinkling of icing sugar. 


With the extra batter, I also made a couple of mini sunken souffle cakes using my muffin cases. And so this cake can be also enjoyed in bite sizes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...