Strawberry cupcakes



Strawberry is the flavour of the month! I made two more strawberry-themed cakes this week - the first of which are these strawberry cupcakes. The cake is flavoured by freshly pureed strawberries, decorated with strawberry buttercream (incorporating bits of fresh, chopped strawberries) and finally topped with a little slice of strawberry. I was quite excited how pretty they turned out to be; and more importantly, my guinea pig tasters all enjoyed it :) The cake texture is a little on the moist-side though because of the strawberry puree mixed into the cake batter.



I've actually not made strawberry-flavoured cakes since college - back then I attempted a strawberry shortcake birthday cake for J (The strawberry shortcake doesn't quite count as the cake itself is a plain vanilla sponge sandwiched between layers of cream and fresh strawberries) As I was staying at our rented apartment at Jackson Street and didn't have own a blender, I used store-bought ready made strawberry puree from Safeway or Albertsons. On hindsight, the thought of using frozen puree is mildly gross. But beggars can't be choosers :)

Back to these cupcakes - the use of fresh strawberries infuses a nice delicate fragrance into the cake. Hopefully they will taste just as good when baked with other types of strawberries too (ie. non-Korean).


I would have loved to eat them all, but that was hardly advisable given how regularly I bake... and thus these were given away to church friends and ex-colleagues :) Email me if you'd like to order some!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...