Our first harvest


I harvested our first kangkong and ladyfinger late last week - it's really amazing how something as basic and simple as soil can nourish my plants to yield these lovely veges. Too bad there weren't enough of them to make a dish, and so I stored both of them in the fridge. To my dismay, the kangkong became shrivelled after a day (as I had naively left it uncovered and exposed to the cold air) and so we had to discard it. Thankfully the ladyfinger was hardier, and we waited for another one to mature before cooking them for dinner on Monday.



The kangkong freshly harvested; and the lady finger before I cut it :)


A simple dish of silken mushroom topped with mixed mushrooms and home-grown organic lady finger. The tofu has unfortunately been blocked by the over-generous portion of mushrooms and lady fingers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...