Xmas Baking 1 - Christmas cookies


Last week the same ex-colleague (Mr P) whom I sold my first cake to SMSed me to ask if I make 'classic fruit cake'. I honestly told him I've never tried - and we came to a mutual agreement that it's perhaps best not to risk it. However, Mr P seemed to be baking up a storm for his various christmas parties and continued to try his luck. Do I make cookies? Well, I've not tried making any cookie that requires the use of a cookie cutter, but decided to take up the challenge.

And since I was already making cookies for Mr P, D decided to ride on the cookie order and asked me to by the way also help make some for his staff/ bosses too. And that is how I ended up making some 120 cookies in 2 days. Pretty tiring, though it got easier for me towards the end. I think I've had enough of making cookies for a while and would probably not eat or make any of such cookies anytime soon!



These are Mr P's cookies - with festive sprinkles! I tried to make them in 2 flavours - vanilla sugar and cinnamon spice. Unfortunately I didn't add enough cinnamon nor spice powder to the cookie dough, so the spice flavour came out pretty subtle.


These are the cookies I made and hand-packaged for D's staff/ bosses... Though I had fun packaging them, this 'project' had me hunting all over Singapore for food-grade (ie. suitable for packaging food) clear plastic bags. 

If you ever need to get such bags - head over to this shop (with branches all over Singapore) called SKP. I came to this revelation after 1) Buying clear document slots from DAISO and later deciding I probably shouldn't poison people; 2) Packaging them in normal ziplog bags but decided they looked too unprofessional; 3) Buying a bunch of rainbow bags/ sandwich bags from Cold Storage and realising they too didn't suit my needs and 4) Asking the auntie from a nuts stall at the Takashimaya basement if I could buy her clear food bags and after being turned down asked if she could enlighten me on where to get similar food bags. 

Though I had fun and quite a bit of satisfaction turning my plain looking cookies into little giftable bags - it was pretty exhausting as I decided to cheong out the "order" (baking and packaging) for D in one night. Nonstop baking/ packaging from about 8.30pm to 1.30am. I haven't felt so drained in a long time!

This is what cheap wife labour looks like ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...